[SDL] IMPORTANT: Migrating away from mailing list

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Mar 28 09:46:20 PDT 2017

> What about those of us using gmane.org?

I thought gmane died last year...?

Are you using it through a usenet client? If it's a question of having a
web interface or access to post archives, those are basically solved by
Discourse, but there isn't currently an NNTP interface available.

(in terms of list archives being part of the Gmane public record, I
think we could probably just make an account for it with Mailing List
Mode turned on; if replies originating out of Gmane come from a unique
email address for each user, we can probably make it mostly work...but
there are some important differences from a standard mailing list that
Gmane would probably need to be able to handle on its end of things.)

--ryan.