[SDL] Hash key on Macbook Pro (OSX 10.11.6)

Peter Vince peter_vince at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 10:20:42 PDT 2016

I'm trying to use an application on a Macbook Pro with a British keyboard, that has been written with SDL. That laptop has no direct key for the Hash (#) character, and I normally need to press ALT-3 to get that character.  But it appears SDL is trapping the ALT key, so preventing me using that character - unless I cut-and-paste it from another Mac application.

Has this been noticed before, and is there a work-around please?

     Thank you