[SDL] SDL_PollEvent freezes on alt-tab

lemmn dwlemon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:43:53 PDT 2016

I notice I also have problems with resizing the window.  The program crashes.  Am I trying to do something that isn't possible???

This game's main loop where I process input needs to spin extremely fast!  Because i need sub-millisecond accuracy on input handling.  I need to get those events as fast as possible.

So, my rendering cannot happen in the loop where I handle input.

I need to be able to either render or handle input in a separate thread.  Is either thing possible?