[SDL] strange situation installing SDL

Jacek Migacz jacekmigacz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:48:58 PDT 2016

ANSWER: SDL does not install to a directory that is not searched. You do.
Try to reconfigure it with standard prefix; "--configure --prefix=/usr".

On Debian-like distro, you should probably use "apt-get source" instead of
pulling an upstream tarball.

Also moving .so files manually can potentially cause even more issues.

Finally, you can verify dynamic linker cache by "ldconfig -p | grep SDL".

--
Jacek Migacz