[SDL] Geeonx GUI library for LINUX and SDL 1.2

actsl tkorrovi at mail.com
Sun Sep 25 06:17:42 PDT 2016

Nik wrote:
> I spent lots of time over years into the development of the library. I don't like if someone reuse my sourcecode

I understand you completely, but what concerns my widget toolkit, reusing the source code is the most important, so in any other way than open source it makes no sense.

I appreciate the great work done by everyone who wrote GUI widget toolkits / graphical user interface libraries, and i think that it deserves much more appreciation than it gets. For every single one of these libraries, people put great effort into them.

like i am very poor, maybe just a step away from going to live in the streets, and giving away my work without getting any benefits of it, is not what i think people like me should do.

I don't know who really thought out the concepts of open source and free software. These are great, and there is a lot of right in it. And i'm all for open source. But they are extreme. Like now there exists only two extremes, completely open source and free, or fully closed source and commercial. The right solution should be somewhere in between, so that all, both the developers and the users, get benefit. What about a license that says that the source code will be made open after a certain time, like say 5 years. This may be a solution that gives benefit to all, but no one talks about it, everything ever talked about is either open source or commercial. I wonder why, and whose benefit it is to bring it to such extremes.

Keep up the good work.

kiss_sdl - Simple generic GUI widget toolkit for SDL2 https://github.com/actsl/kiss_sdl