[SDL] Geeonx GUI library for LINUX and SDL 1.2

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 06:30:47 PDT 2016

> Hello together
>
> First of all you can find a quick guide to program Geeonx applications at
>
> http://www.geeonx.org/geeonx_create.pdf
>

> @ actsl:
>
> - The Geeonx library and the tool Geeonx Creator are subject to a
> proprietary license.

Why such a choice? I hope you'll reconsider this.

Proprietary license will sorely reduce your target audience, such
people would not use closed source software that they can not hack
(including me).

It's also harder to port the stuff to other platforms.

You will not have any contributions and as you may already know, SDL
has a lots of contributions. Think about everything that you don't
have or don't want. Is it not nice to get people making ports of your
software for several platforms for you? Like, xbox, android, nintendo
ds, atari, whatever.

If you really care about credits, why not using GPL and a commercial
license? Free software developers will be happy to have access to
source code and you can earn money for commercial apps.

Regards,

--
Demelier David