[SDL] List all GUI toolkits for SDL

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 06:04:37 PDT 2016

> The number of lines of code in all these GUI toolkits is as follows:
>
> Geeonx -- closed source
> Nanogui -- 20525 lines
> Guichan -- 28362 lines
> neoGFX -- not finished, but will likely be an advanced type of big toolkit
> SDL_gui -- 7514 lines
> SDL-widgets -- 10301 lines
> KiWi -- 5600 lines
> Nuklear -- 34692 lines
> Rose -- 40207 lines
>
> kiss_sdl -- 2437 lines. I didn't make it if it were not smaller than any of
> these, what sense does it make to write yet another GUI toolkit. The
> paradigm of that is "Unnecessary complexity is evil" versus "Complexity
> doesn't matter".
>
> But this is a comparison of these only from my perspective, about only one
> aspect of them. May interest some people too though. But some others my
> compere these GUI toolkits from some other perspective, that's interesting
> too.

I know wonder if you are a troll.

Each time we are talking about GUI you still comparing the number of
lines of code. Stop promoting your toolkit because it has less lines
of code and saying other toolkits are bloat and complex. A software is
not necessary more complex by having more lines of code.

If your GUI only offers buttons, combobox and lists while a toolkit
provides file chooser, color selector, web view, tabs, stacks, themes,
etc, it is not bloat or complex but obviously has more lines of code.
It just has more features.

--
Demelier David