[SDL] SDL_CreateRGBSurface in second thread?

mediata mediata at abv.bg
Wed Sep 14 00:15:08 PDT 2016

Hello,
I have a question: Is it possible to call SDL_CreateRGBSurface and SDL_CreateRGBSurfaceFrom in second thread? They only load buffer and set R,G,B mask.
Also asking about IMG_Load() From SDL_image library. They use libpng or libjpeg for example to create buffer from image file and after that they Create Surface.

My task is to create Texture form png. To that moment i load buffer using libpng in second thread and after that in main thread i use opengl to create texture. And now i want to migrate to SDL and is it possible to
IMG_Load to SDL_Surface in second thread and after that in main thread to CreateTexture using SDL_CreateTextureFromSurface?