[SDL] Failed to open vchiq device on RPi

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Tue Sep 13 07:17:37 PDT 2016

On 13.09.2016 at 04:58 Gabriel Jacobo wrote:

> I can confirm you should disable those if you happen to have the
> corresponding dev headers installed, and most certainly disable X11
> if you want to avoid headaches. When configure ends you should only
> see the Raspberry pi video driver (and the dummy one) for the most
> painless experience...and also, don't be running X11 on the RPi when you try your apps :)

Um, I'm not a Linux expert. So how exactly am I supposed to run SDL
apps on the Pi if not from X11? I currently run them from X11 and
it works but I've noticed that the Raspbian desktop is still alive
beneath the framebuffer locked by SDL and the desktop can even be
controlled, e.g. I can drag windows around or even close them, start
programs etc. Nothing is visible of course because SDL has taken over
the framebuffer but the desktop is still functioning beneath the
framebuffer which is certainly quite weird...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas at falkenhahn.com