[SDL] Failed to open vchiq device on RPi

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Tue Sep 13 07:12:39 PDT 2016

Oops, sorry for the confusion. It turned out to be my fault. I did a clean install
of Jessie last weekend to see if the problems were related to Wheezy which I was
running before that. Because I was so focused on getting the "Failed to open vchiq device"
error solved I then simply forgot to install the packages

    libudev-dev libdbus-1-dev

after the upgrade to Jessie :( I've done that now and surprise, surprise: Input
is working now. So sorry for the false alert.

But I still think that SDL should select the RPI driver as the default on the PI.
Since cmake/configure automatically select this driver for building, I assume
that there must be a way to detect a Pi and then enable this driver.

If it really isn't possible to automatically detect a Pi, then you could also
add a new option for cmake/configure that specifically configures the build for
the Pi. Of course such an option should be mentioned in the README-raspberrypi.md
then.