[SDL] How to get an SDL game on the Mac AppStore

SeanOConnor sean at windowsgames.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 06:22:40 PDT 2016

It took me just a couple of hours to get my Windows C++ SDL game (https://youtu.be/ysRtdalURDw) up and running on MacOS. But, I'm stumped as to how to package it up and get it on the Mac AppStore. I've Googled everywhere and can't find anything helpful.

All of my PNGs, WAVs and MP3s are stored as separate files so that SDL can load them. But I can't see how you combine all of them and the executable file to make a package for the AppStore? Or is there a way of building those resource files into the executable file itself?

I guess you don't need to include any SDL Mac equivalent 'DLL' files? Do those all get built into the executable file via the Frameworks?

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or got any advice? Help!