[SDL] SDL2, OpenGL 3.2 Core and Steam-Overlay: Black Screenshots

moe m.ski at web.de
Mon Sep 12 15:09:31 PDT 2016

Andreas wrote:

> When using Core profile you need to use Vertex Arrays (VAO) too. That
> could be the reason why you're seeing black screen.

Hi Andreas,

I already converted my engine to only use VAO and none of my GL commands sets an error state, which would be the case if I was using commands that are not allowed in Core. The main reason I moved to 3.2 Core was to be able to use renderdoc for debugging my engine, which only supports OpenGL 3.2 Core and above.

The engine is working fine in both Core and Compatibilty Profile. It's only the screenshots that turn out black in Core.

Marc