[SDL] List all GUI toolkits for SDL

actsl tkorrovi at mail.com
Mon Sep 12 01:30:01 PDT 2016

j_post wrote:

> I believe that the most important aspect of software is summed up by what I would tell the programmers who worked for me: "I don't care how difficult it is for you to write the code, I care about how easy it is for the customers to use."

Thanks god i don't work for you.

> If it involves a GUI, it should be intuitive and pleasant to look at (which IMHO kiss_sdl is not - the graphics are too primitive).

So you want it all, elephant in a matchbox, and if one doesn't provide it, one is too bad? I don't think graphics is the most difficult part of a GUI toolkit, so i didn't add much of it.

> I did take a very brief look at your code, with a view to adapting it to SDL 1.2. I have a lot of code using 1.2 and rather than rewrite it for 2.0, I think it would be easier to just rewrite it in Java, which also takes care of porting issues - specifically that Apple intentionally makes it difficult for 3rd party developers to compile code for Macs.

Yes sure, if you tried to rewrite it in Java, it's sure not that easy to modify it in that way, it is not written in a way good for Java. And thanks goodness you couldn't rewrite it in Java, Java is a bad language, imho.

These are just my opinions, our opinions differ, i hope you don't mind, i hope you understand that not everyone thinks the way you do. I think though that you are one in the camp "Complexity doesn't matter", so we are in different camps. I'm in a different camp, and there are people in my camp, yeah, give me fire to make coffee in the morning :)

kiss_sdl - Simple generic GUI widget toolkit for SDL2 https://github.com/actsl/kiss_sdl