[SDL] List all GUI toolkits for SDL

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 04:56:31 PDT 2016

On 9/11/16, MrTAToad <mrtatoad at mrtatoad1.plus.com> wrote:
> SDL1 or SDL2 ?
>
> For the former, I dont know.  For the latter its around 3/4
>
> SDL1
> Geeonx GUI (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=12088)
>
> SDL2 GUI[u]
> Guichan - Uses OpenGL - (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=12073)
> KISS - (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=11772)
> Nanogui - Uses OpenGL -
> (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=11636&highlight=gui)
> neoGFX - Uses OpenGL -
> (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=12033&highlight=gui)
> SDL_gui - Seems to be specifically geared towards Android
> (https://github.com/mozeal/SDL_gui)
>
> SDL_widgets - This is.. a weird one... Its a GUI system alright, but overly
> complicated and works only for specific compilers (because it is too Linux
> orientated) (http://members.chello.nl/w.boeke/SDL-widgets/)

Additionally,

KiWi (Killer Widgets) - Built on the SDL2 2D renderer. Pure C.
https://github.com/mobius3/KiWi

Nuklear - Renderer agnostic, no dependency, header-only, pure C,
Immediate Mode GUI. Repo contains adaptors, including SDL+OpenGL.
(I've been working on an SDL_gpu adaptor.)
https://github.com/vurtun/nuklear