[SDL] Transparent Clear on Mobile

rdpeake russell.peake at clevertar.com
Mon Sep 5 18:17:34 PDT 2016

Hey,

I am using SDL via Urho3D and UrhoSharp to replace an existing game engine in a cross platform mobile app. This app does not use solely the game engine, but a variety of other views. Depending on layout, the game engine could be in front of, or behind, or in the middle of any of these views. Therefore i need to be able to clear the render buffer to transparent so that any views behind can show through.

Does SDL support this type of display, and how would i go about creating it?

So far, i believe my problem is the SDL frame does not support alpha clear colours, and any transparent clear colour i attempt to use renders opaque.