[SDL] SDL2 with android and the new anrdoid studio

Hawkeye hawkeye407 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:33:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

Found this thread in Google when searching for ways to get SDL working with the new Gradle build system for Android. I managed to get SDL and a simple example program compiling using gradle-experimental (which supports the NDK):

https://github.com/stephen47/android-sdl2-gradle-template

I've not tried it with Android Studio (just using the gradle wrapper command line) but I think it should work (my code is based off one of the Google NDK example projects). I'm just finding my way around Gradle so there might be better ways to do it (one of the things I want it to do it build the "main" library when assembleDebug is invoked). Hopefully you find it useful and would love to get some feedback if you find improvements :)

Stephen