[SDL] SDL-2.0.4 / SDL_WindowFrom / SDL_CreateRenderer() Hanging

IshtarUK nicola at mackin.it
Wed Sep 7 16:59:37 PDT 2016

I am desperate to get this problem solved but if my question is silly, rather than ignoring me, please let me know so that I can rephrase my question. This is my second post with regards to this problem but despite hundreds of views there has been no reply. I fully understand that respondents are volunteers and appreciate any offer of help.

I would be grateful to hear from any body that could offer even the slightest insight into this issue.

I have recompiled wxWidgets 3.1 against GTK-2 but making a call to: SDL_Window *sdl_window = SDL_CreateWindowFrom((void*) panel->GetHandle()); causes the following message:

: Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'program name' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 138 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0)

RUN FINISHED; Trace/breakpoint trap; core dumped; real time: 700ms; user: 20ms; system: 70ms

When compiled against GTK3 the above error goes away but SDL_CreateRenderer(window, -1, SD_RENDERER_ACCELERATED) never returns. I.E. It seems to hang...

Many thanks
Amanda