[SDL] hg #7991 broke DOSBox on OS X

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Wed Sep 7 08:29:09 PDT 2016

AFAIK, just as with Doom, Q3A, RTCW etc, the engine and game code is
GPL, so that's what those builds are based on. To play the full game,
you need to grab the data files from your full Windows/Mac/whatever
version.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Jesse Palser
<jessepalsermailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> are the native Linux Quake builds the full game or only the shareware?
>
> JeZxLee
>

> On 09/07/2016 07:57 AM, Iván Vodopiviz wrote:
>
> There are native Quake builds for Linux...

> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Guess that's a no on the Ubuntu 16.04 PPA?
>>
>> I like to play original DOS "Quake" in DOSBox on my Linux.
>> (it's a masterpiece, even to this day)
>>
>> JeZxLee
>>

>> On 09/06/2016 06:33 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not too good with building from source,
>>> Is there an Ubuntu 16.04 PPA for this DOSBox-X somewhere?
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> JeZxLee

//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |