[SDL] Nothing displayd inside frame - instal by Advanced Installer

Gabriele Greco gabriele.greco at darts.it
Mon Sep 5 04:06:46 PDT 2016

with it (using Advanced Installer by Caphyon Ltd.) and install it on a
> fresh Windows system (no SDL package previously installed) it displays the
> SDL frame with nothing inside. I mean inside the frame it is clear and the
> desktop shows through. I tried the same with other SDL programs and still
> get a SDL frame with nothing inside. It seems like it could be a problem
> with Advanced Installer program, but maybe SDL is involved. Does anybody
> here know what it could be?

Maybe a different video driver?

If the video driver is triple buffered you may more calls to
SDL_RenderPresent to actually reach the display, try to change the code to
do:

for (int i = 0; i < 3; ++i) {
       SDL_SetRenderDrawColor(renderer, 255, 0, 0, 255);
        SDL_RenderClear(renderer);
        SDL_RenderPresent(renderer);
 }

... before waiting 5 secs