[SDL] Why doesn't sdl_mixer support multiple music streams?

Amablue alexander.ames at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:43:45 PDT 2014

When playing long songs (or on platforms where memory is tight) it can be preferable to stream music. I know that I can do that, but I'm curious as to why it's required. I'd be happy to code in support for multiple streams myself if that's what it takes, but I'm curious why the design decision was made in the first place. Was it an oversight? Is there some non-obvious reason it wasn't implemented?