[SDL] MouseMove events + long taking poll loop = infinite loop

mr_tawan mr_tawan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 06:12:22 PDT 2014

Separate the event handler into another thread might helps a little, but it would create the synchronization complexity :).

There's another thing I can think of, which is just to poll the events in the loop, store in a queue, and then process them one by one outside of the event polling loop.

Anyway if the processing an event takes 500ms (0.5 seconds) then there's some problem in that processing I believe. Especially when the event processing is inside the rendering loop, as it would hit the frame rate quite a lot. I think if the event processing takes an appropriate time then the infinite loop wouldn't occurs.