[SDL] [Off Topic]-Check Website On Both OS X & iOS ?

Sik the hedgehog sik.the.hedgehog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:32:16 PDT 2014

> Just to be technical, and this brings things more off topic, but HTML5 does
> not imply any sort of javascript at all - HTML5 is just the markup, and
> some of the DOM elements have specific javascript functions, but they are
> not always necessary.

Taking this further, HTML5 + CSS3 are designed to *discourage*
javascript (animations are now part of CSS3 itself, and client-side
form validation is part of HTML5's input element). Really the only
place you should ever need javascript ever is when you're making a
program in HTML5.

> I previously worked with a team where we did UX/UI evaluations on websites,
> and yours is indeed terrible, BUT, for what it is (a website geared towards
> your own games), it does the job.  As far as I can tell, none of your games
> cater to any people who need special accessibility features (like braile,
> text-to-speech, etc.) - this isn't an excuse to not fix it, but just
> something that would help more people deal with the information on your
> website.

Search engines are the equivalent to people with all disabilities put together.

(there's also the fact that in some places you can get sued if the
site isn't accessible due to laws to protect against discrimination,
so be careful)

>    - The browser is getting potentially more stress with rendering a canvas
>    than it is rendering multiple HTML elements.

To add further to this: CSS3 actually performs *better* than 2D
canvas, because the former got hardware acceleration before 2D canvas
did (especially important for mobile).