[SDL] texture: what renderer? what conditions on size?

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:48:42 PDT 2014

Historically each dimension of a texture should be a power of 2
(2,4,8,..,128...,512) but you probably do not need to worry about that
on current platforms: according to Wikipedia non-power-of-two textures
are allowed as of OpenGL 2.0 (released in 2004), or OpenGL ES 2.0
(released in 2007).

OpenGL implementations are guaranteed to support at least 64x64 pixel
textures. Yours probably supports larger textures.

I didn't see a way to query texture -> renderer associations either.