[SDL] How to get copy of API docs

j_post j_post at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 8 20:41:27 PDT 2014

On Monday 08 September 2014 10:25:58 frank ernest wrote:
> Hi, I don't have intranet at home and so I tried to mirror the website
>  http://wiki.libsdl.org/APIByCategory but I got a message saying that I was
>  using too much bandwidth and should read what I already downloaded. I
>  wanted to know, is there someway of getting the API docs without mirroring
>  the site? I know most people will not have control over this but I can't
>  find a better way of getting in contact with those who do. I check the
>  .robots.txt file to see if the admin left any instrctions there but the
>  file was nonexistent. _______________________________________________

+1

I too would like to be able to download the entire wiki structure (with soft
links) so that it could be browsed offline. Perhaps someone could pack it in a
zip or tar.gz file on the main website?

Currently the html contains hard links such as

<a class="http"
href="http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/default/include/SDL_video.h">SDL_video.h</a>

Making them soft links by making the href relative to the current page would
allow offline browsing.

Or, if someone is really adventurous, package it up as a pdf with searchable
links.

Jeff