[SDL] compile SDL 2.0.3 on windows

sonic martin.reinhardt.87 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 01:02:18 PDT 2014

Hello SDL-Community,

I get a strange behaviour when I compile SDL (2.0.3) on my own.
I compiled using CL.exe 18.00.30501 via nmake (Visual Studio Professional 2013) with CMAKE. When I want to compile and link a minimal example I get LNK2019 errors (unresolved symbol) which I can workaround by linking additionally to winmm.lib, imm32.lib and version.lib.
However, when I use the precompiled binaries or the compiled versions via the solution files, it works without these additional dependencies. So there must be something going on in the CMAKE options which I missed.

How can I get rid of these additional dependencies? Can I somehow link them into the library itself via cmake?