[SDL] Seg fault in SDL for android

ruler501 d.ruler501 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:39:18 PDT 2014

While working with SDL for android I started getting semi random segfaults. When I debugged I couldn't get a stack trace(It would just give two lines of addresses and question marks with a warning about a possible corrrupted stack).

Manually commenting out lines till I found one that would let it keep running led me to find that the line that caused the crash was

JNIEnv *aEnv = (JNIEnv *)SDL_AndroidGetJNIEnv();

Any ideas on why this might occur, my idea was that maybe I'm not initiating something when I call SDL_Init so I tried with SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING) with no change. Anything else I might try to figure out this bug?