[SDL] Registering mouse wheel in SDL2?

Bananskrue Bananskrue at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 09:53:20 PDT 2014

Probably a stupid question, but how exactly does one register the moving of the mousewheel in SDL2? I googled the issue and the answer on all accounts was using the button state SDL_BUTTON_WHEELDOWN or SDL_BUTTON_WHEELUP but this doesn't seem to exist as my compiler so eloquently tells me these are "undeclared identifiers."

Under SDL_BUTTON I have: SDL_BUTTON_LEFT, SDL_BUTTON_RIGHT, SDL_BUTTON_MIDDLE (Which is pressing the middle button, not rolling it!), SDL_BUTTON_X1 and SDL_BUTTON_X2.

I'm confused, was this a feature in previous SDL versions and then removed, or where has it gone?