[SDL] Cant use SDL Joystick API on a background thread anymore?

RodrigoCard cuecax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:21:41 PDT 2014

I have a MAC application that Uses SDL2 only for joystick handling.
It used code from before the code was refactored to allow hotpluging.

For some reason I dont remember, the event loop runs in a Background Thread
(since it was used only for joystick stuff and I disabled all other events, that was no problem).

I decided to update my code to get Hot Plug support and discovered it only gets (dis)connect events when I pump from the main thread.

So, my question:
Is that possible to make it work in a background thread as the other joystick events?

Cheers!

Rodrigo Cardoso Rocha
@RodrigoRodrigoR - twitter.com/RodrigoRodrigoR
Chibata Creations - chibatacreations.com