[SDL] texture: what renderer? what conditions on size?

albert albzey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:38:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

SDL_CreateTexture creates a texture which is associated to a specific renderer, as I understand (and can also only used with this renderer, I guess). For a given texture, can I somehow query which renderer that is?

On the size, I remember that some OpenGL backends require the size to be a multiple of 2. But I don't see any such requirements in the doc. So it automatically handles that internally, i.e. it uses the next bigger size which is a multiple of 2?

I understand that there is a maximum texture size. So if I need something bigger, I need to handle that manually, i.e. create multiple textures?

Is there some guaranteed minimum texture size which is always supported?

Maybe the docs should be updated to answer these questions.

Thanks,
Albert