[SDL] SDL 1.2 build still broken on Macos X 10.9 one year later.

Fabien Sanglard fabiensanglard.net at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 11:26:03 PDT 2014

Guys,

I have reported this issue many times, I wonder if it is because nobody
cares or you are too busy but I will make one last attempt:

Downloading SDL-1.2.15.tar.gz is broken on MacOS X 10.9. On make we get the
following error:

*error: **unknown type name 'CGDirectPaletteRef'*

The last time I reported the issue I was told it is fixed in Mercurial but
many people don't know that and many people don't know how to get the
latest version in Mercurial.

I assume Mercurial branch would eventually make it to the download page but
one year later it is no there. Can you please please fix the tar from
https://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php ?

There are so many projects out there that still use SDL 1.2 and it would be
very tedious to port them to SDL 2.0.

Regards,

Fabien