[SDL] SDL 2.0.1 RC1

Gabriele Greco gabriele.greco at darts.it
Tue Oct 22 08:48:21 PDT 2013

The second one, I've implemented in-app purchases, ads support and a few
glue functions for .apk resource management and get monitor width/height in
inches and I've to "diff" SDLActivity.java to merge them back every time I
update SDL :(

I've seen that now many properties are "protected" and not "private" and
most methods have the "@Override" keyword, so I suppose that now it's
easier to achieve this through inheritance.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Jonathan Dearborn <grimfang4 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Gabry, re: SDLActivity.  Do you mean using a native activity or do you
> mean keeping your Java out of SDLActivity.java so you don't have to redo
> your personal edits?
>
> Jonny D
>

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Gabriele Greco <gabriele.greco at darts.it>wrote:

>>> General:
>>> * Added an API to get common filesystem paths in SDL_filesystem.h:
>>>     SDL_GetBasePath(), SDL_GetPrefPath()
>>>

>> Great addictions! I'll add some examples about SD_GetPrefPath in iOS and
>> Android and the other supported platforms not documented, since it's not
>> obvious where the files are places on every platform, and it should be
>> since the programmer should be able to find the file he just wrote for
>> debugging purposes :)
>>
>> I find GetBasePath() particulary helpful on OSX where I always have to
>> add some not-cross-platform "glue" to find the resources inside the
>> application bundle...
>>

>>>  * Added an API to do optimized YV12 and IYUV texture updates:
>>>     SDL_UpdateYUVTexture()
>>>

>> I've just updated the HG to head, and looking at the function
>> documentation in SDL_render.h I cannot understand if the preferred method
>> to update a LIVE YUV texture is using this function or allocating a
>> streaming texture in YUV format and updating it with lock/unlock surface.
>>
>> I'm doing this way to update 24 CIF live H.264 videos in the same full HD
>> full screen window and works without a glitch (no frame skips) at 25fps on
>> a i5, using SDL_UpdateYUVTexture can I gain something or it's better to
>> stick to the actual streaming surface code considering that I have to
>> update a lot of textures, and possibly 25 times per second?
>>
>> iOS:
>>> * Fixed status bar visibility on iOS 7
>>>
>>> Great, I was waiting for this to release the 1.1 version of my soccer
>> game :)
>>

>>> Android:
>>> IMPORTANT: You MUST get the updated SDLActivity.java to match C code
>>>

>> Sigh, I find really annoying the fact SDLActivity changes in SDL require
>> changes to my application, I remember someone posted a method to avoid
>> "touching" SDL activity, but I don't find the post, can someone give me a
>> pointer?
>>
>> --
>> Bye,
>>  Gabry

Ing. Gabriele Greco, DARTS Engineering
Tel: +39-0100980150  Fax: +39-0100980184
s-mail: Piazza Della Vittoria 9/3 - 16121 GENOVA (ITALY)