[SDL] SDL_SetWindowBordered causing renderer to freeze up?

Dark_Oppressor DarkOppressor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:41:13 PDT 2013

OK, I've done a bunch more tests and it seems the border toggling IS actually reliable. On each program run, the problem occurs the second time the window is made borderless, ignoring whether the SDL_WINDOW_BORDERLESS flag is set when creating the window.

So if I create a window with SDL_WINDOW_BORDERLESS, it takes 4 calls to SDL_SetWindowBordered, toggling the value each time, to cause the problem. If I create a window without SDL_WINDOW_BORDERLESS, it takes 3 calls to SDL_SetWindowBordered, toggling the value each time, to cause the problem.

Just to be thorough I tried just calling 'SDL_SetWindowBordered(screen,SDL_FALSE)' without any 'SDL_SetWindowBordered(screen,SDL_TRUE)' in between, and nothing goes wrong there.

Someone in IRC suggested I give you my OS info. I'm currently doing all of this testing in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. If you need any other info please let me know. My engine compiles for Linux and OS X as well, so I will try to get some tests run in those later.