[SDL] Surface vs Texture - optimal usage

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at spiritsubstance.com
Tue Oct 15 08:03:02 PDT 2013

Apparently I was wrong.  I'd considered that OpenGL ES was a proper
subset of the desktop OpenGL.  Apparently that's not true without a
few #ifdef's.  And thought OpenGL ES v2 is closer to OpenGL 2.1, you
wind up needing OpenGL 3.x for shader compatibility.

Suddenly why there are three variants makes sense.  :)  Luckily on my
end I can test all three under Linux because VMWare accelerates Mesa
well enough.  :)  If you're on Linux and using a binary video driver
you probably can't.  :(

Joseph