[SDL] Is this how to do SDL threads with objective c?

Trev trevor at lackeyccg.com
Tue Oct 8 04:12:54 PDT 2013

I am using c++ and SDL (and openGL) for mostly everything (including my GUI), with a few exceptions like system clipboard and some file manager stuff which, unless I'm mistaken, aren't handled via SDL for easy cross platform coding.

But something I just figured out is that I should be using SDL_TryLockMutex instead of SDL_LockMutex in my sample program above. I assumed SDL_LockMutex functioned like SDL_TryLockMutex does, and I found out that my program was hanging at times because of that false assumption.