[SDL] Link SDL2 statically with Visual C++ 2012

li elie.huvier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 07:21:21 PDT 2013

MrOzBarry wrote:
> What were your unresolved external functions?

That's a list of __security_cookie, something like:

> 1>hello.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie at 4 referenced in function _SDL_main
> 1>hello.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function _SDL_main

I tried to follow the information found here (http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?458059-quot-unresolved-external-symbol-__security_cookie-quot-Problem), and it seems that can I solve this error by either adding a dependency to bufferoverflowU.lib, or disabling Security Check in project options (flag /GS-).
In both cases, I get the following error when building:

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup

In both cases though, I can still build and successfully run if I use a 'Multi-threaded debug' Runtime Library instead of 'Multi-threaded'.