[SDL] SDL_crash -- fatal error catching with user callback

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sat Mar 30 18:28:31 PDT 2013

> Fatal error catching with user callback?  Is this actually something
> anyone needs?

Um, yes.

> Or, phrased another way, is anyone actually programming with SDL in C,
> and not some higher-level language that supports exception handling?

Um, yes.

Fwiw, Nathaniel, I messed around with building something like this a few
years ago, just in time for Google Breakpad to show up and make it
irrelevant. It's been stripped for parts and used for other projects, so
it wasn't a complete waste, but you might as well see if there's
anything worth stealing, too:

    http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/mojocrash/

The README is pretty detailed for what I was trying to accomplish here:

    http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/mojocrash/file/def285643924/README.txt

--ryan.