[SDL] Testing multiple keyboards with SDL on Linux

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:04:34 PDT 2013

Il giorno 28/mar/2013, alle ore 16:54, Sik the hedgehog
<sik.the.hedgehog at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> OK, so my old keyboard broke up so I had to resort to a spare one.
> Works but the keys are kind of hard to press so I wasn't all that fond
> of it. Now my mum bought a new one but got the wrong port so now I
> have an USB keyboard while the PS/2 port is still available. Which
> means I can have two keyboards together at the same time.
>
> If I recall correctly one of the things that were suggested to be
> added in the future to SDL is support for multiple keyboards. If
> somebody ever gets around doing that, I could test that on this
> system. Using Ubuntu 12.04 at the moment, chances of me moving away
> from Linux are pretty much nil at this point.
>
> Just saying :) Unless Linux doesn't like having both PS/2 and USB
> keyboards at the same time,

On a related note, was libmanymice integrated in sdl? As a user I
tried to see how it ran with a commercial software (world of goo) but
I couldn't make it work.
I think it's a nice idea and hope that sdl exposes a nice API for it.
Cheers
Vittorio