[SDL] CMake gurus...

ADT7 adtennant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 04:50:22 PDT 2013

Assuming a corectly written CMakeLists.txt the CMake processes doesn't need to be anymore complicated than:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. (-G Xcode for an Xcode project)

Then run make && sudo make install on Linux and OSX , or open the geneated Visual Studio project on Windows.

Is that so complicated? If you need extra parameters t is not harder than if you were using a configure script.

I agree with all of the above comments that any users of the library who struggle with that process probeably should just be using pre-built binaries.

I personally love CMake and find it relatively easy to use, so perhaps my point of view is somewhat biased, but other than providing pre-generated projects I've seen no mention of anything in this thread that CMake can't do.