[SDL] Opening windows on different X displays (Ubuntu 12)

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:57:39 PDT 2013

Well, SDL needs an API that works in a cross-platform manner.  Outside of
X11, not many platforms have the ability to have separate displays, so
having that as part of the main api would be unnecesary.  It would be cool
to make something (perhaps called SDL_X11) that would abstract some basic
X11 windowing and UI functions into some sane and straight forward (like
SDL_Window *SDLX11_CreateWindow( display, width, height, depth, flags ) for
instance).  I'd be more than willing to help but I don't have much
experience with X11.