[SDL] CMake gurus...

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Sun Mar 24 10:48:36 PDT 2013

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 23:42:07 -0400 Ryan wrote:
> I understand there are technical limitations that prevent what I'm
> describing right now, but it drives me nuts that these are hand-waved
> away as social limitations ("That's not how CMake is meant to be
> used" is just a bug report that no one is yet willing to fix).

It sounds like what you really want is something that sits on a server,
watching the hg repository. Whenever it spies a change to
CMakeLists.txt (or whatever other build system generation tool is
used), it goes ahead and builds a set of build system files for each
platform, then makes a new commit.

Or maybe you could even convince the output of CMake itself to notice
that CMakeLists.txt has changed, then regenerate the set of build
system files. That's getting all getting a bit Inception though.