[SDL] Opening windows on different X displays (Ubuntu 12)

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 09:04:01 PDT 2013

For myself, I convinced my boss that Xinerama was a reasonable solution.
 If you're stuck using multiple x displays, you may want to create native
X11 windows and take over them with
SDL_CreateWindowfrom<http://wiki.libsdl.org/moin.fcg/SDL_CreateWindowFrom?highlight=%28%5CbCategoryVideo%5Cb%29%7C%28CategoryEnum%29%7C%28CategoryStruct%29%7C%28SGFunctions%29>.
 I believe it's possible in native code to specify which X11 display you
want your window to target - once SDL takes it over, it shouldn't matter
which display it's running on, however, I don't know how it will handle
input if you are using separate devices for each display.