[SDL] [Framework] Event-based Networking

Nathaniel J Fries nfries88 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 18:00:39 PDT 2013

An edit to the above: Apparently you can get around that with the TCP_NODELAY socket option, and SDL_net does this by default. You learn something new everyday!
Still, nagling is done for a reason, and I happen to think this is bad behavior on behalf of SDL_net (SDL_net should provide a function or an extra argument to enable this instead).

However, I'd still highly recommend the mega-packet. One thing I've done before is send vital packets with the mega-packet as the first packet.

Nate Fries