[SDL] SDL_mixer on Android

Gabriele Greco gabriele.greco at darts.it
Thu Mar 21 10:38:02 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Alexey Petruchik <i100500 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your response. I'll look through files you attached in
> next few days. But in my opinion there should be some README.android
> in SDL_mixer repo for such cases.

Just to add that libtremor does *NOT* need libogg, it implements vorbis and
vorbisfile, that is all SDL_Mixer needs, at least in the newest version (do
not use the bugged version distributed with cocos2d).

HG versions of SDL_mixer have an Android.mk, don't know about the older
ones, but I'd stick with the HG one since ideally you should use the latest
SDL HG (and I suggest so, mostly for the new touch api that does not need
SDL_GetTouch() ).

If you want to see an example of SDL_mixer on android you can download the
SVN of my soccer game (Eat the Whistle,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ggsoft.etw ), that is
located here:

http://etw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/etw/trunk/<http://etw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/etw/trunk/android-project/>

If it can be useful to you, I've included in the SVN also a full tree of
libtremor, with a premade Android.mk.

--
Bye,
 Gabry