[SDL] CMake gurus...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Wed Mar 20 16:18:26 PDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 01:00 AM, Edward Rudd wrote:
> Unfortunately relative paths for projects won't work. Yes there is a
> flag in cmake to turn it on, but Cmake developers don't support it, and
> at least for Xcode projects it doesn't work at all.  (went through this
> battle with David Rosen @ Wolfire as he switched all platforms to cmake
> after I introduced it to him doing the linux port of Overgrowth)

Perhaps a better question is: what would it take to fix this in cmake,
regardless of what the CMake developers think of that idea?

Sam and I were joking about committing a copy of cmake.exe and a perl
script to fix the absolute paths to Mercurial, so the final .vcproj
files we would ship would work anywhere...but I'll tell you, if that
would actually work: a lot of truth is said in jest.  :)

--ryan.