[SDL] CMake gurus...

Ardillas del Monte ardillasdelmonte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 05:32:42 PDT 2013

On Friday, March 15, 2013, Sam Lantinga wrote:

> I want CMake to replace the visual studio and xcode projects if possible.
>  Can that be done?

I'm not using SDL yet, but I'm subscribed to this mailing list with great
interest because I plan to use SDL 2.0 for the Android and iOS ports of
some of my applications. One of my mandatory requirements though is that I
need to build my apps through command-line tools available on all modern
OSs. Well, it's OK if the iOS version of SDL is built as Xcode projects,
but my apps cannot, so I really need that SDL client applications have a
command-line build method for all target ports.

I don't know if your call regarding cmake applies to the SDL lib only, or
if it can already be used for client apps on all targets. If the later is
affirmative, please ignore my comment. Otherwise, please provide a way for
building apps on the command line for both iOS and Android.

Thanks a lot for all the hard work you're doing,

ardi