[SDL] SDL on IOS with input and rendering on seperate threads

Oogst tsgoo at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 04:06:11 PDT 2013

The main question here is whether it is possible to switch the OpenGL context on iOS to another thread. This works fine on other platforms: our engine already runs fine in the current structure on PC/Mac/Linux using SDL, so this question is specific to the iOS implementation of SDL. Can SDL_GL_MakeCurrent() be used on iOS, and if so, how?

gormlai wrote:
> I believe there already have been several answers to this.

I couldn't find any other topics about this, maybe I am searching with the wrong keywords? Do you have links to those other discussions?

Ronimo Games, Awesomenauts, Proun, Swords & Soldiers, De Blob