[SDL] Coming back to SDL

ebyard e_byard at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 07:51:12 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Sik the hedgehog <
sik.the.hedgehog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one who thinks SDL shouldn't have anything to do with ads at
> all?
>
> The main problem I'm seeing here is that ad integration can't be done
> with just C, maybe what you really want is a C wrapper for ad
> libraries?

I don't think this has anything to do with SDL's core or distribution, so I
don't see any problem.  There are a handful of SDL libraries that bare
similarity to the name SDL_somethinguseful, but do not get distributed with
the main SDL package, and people still have the choice to include it with
their project.

So, SDL has nothing to do with ads.  People just want some sort of easy way
to advertise in their SDL app, which is completely fine.