[SDL] SDL_ads

Stefan Murawski steveway1 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:20:13 PDT 2013

2013/3/12 Gabriele Greco <gabriele.greco at darts.it>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Scott Percival <moralrecordings at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Personally I'd support such a library for adverts and tracking
>> widgets; mostly for the easily-kneecapped single point of failure it'd
>> introduce.
>>

> I implemented both in my game Eat the Whistle, iAd / AdMob cycling for
> iOS, and AdMob only for android, if you are interested look at the
> implementation here:
>
> iOS:
>
> http://etw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/etw/trunk/etw/Banner.m?revision=361&view=markup
>
> Android:
>
> http://etw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/etw/trunk/android-project/src/org/ggsoft/etw/SDLActivity.java?revision=354&view=markup
>
> Obviously I use the native APIs in both cases, but I think this post may
> be useful since it's a little tricky to integrate them on SDL apps.
>
> I think a SDL_ads library will not be that useful, also because on Android
> you have to work at java level...
>
> --
> Bye,
>  Gabry

side, but this topic got me interested.
Since I am using SDL for small personal projects, I have looked into using
in-game adverts to cover costs too.
Suprisingly, I found no real example to use any kind of Ads in a normal C
or C++ and SDL based program.
So if anyone is willing to create such a thing I'm sure SDL will see a
boost in users, because the avaiability of
making some kind of money using a game or another kind of program with SDL
will surely bring some interested people.
That are my 2 cents for this topic.

Goodbye

-Steveway