[SDL] SDL 2.0 API stabilization

Jonathan Dearborn grimfang4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 06:31:52 PST 2013

If NounVerb and size types are going to change, they should change now.
 Everyone using SDL2 (myself included) is aware that things will change out
from under them until the API is frozen.  That's just a fact of software
development sometimes.  There's no reason to do a lesser job with SDL2 just
because it'd be an inconvenience to the people testing it out.  I use the
size types heavily, but if they change I'm cool with updating my code.
 Both changes are of the "find & replace" variety, which should be no
problem compared to semantic changes.

I thought that the size types might also make the API more portable to
other languages that do not have the identical stdint types?

Jonny D