[SDL] Am I allowed to use code from SDL_mixer in a new library?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 06:07:21 PST 2013

On 04/03/13 03:46, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I'm writing an SDL audio library that, at least for me, can replace
> SDL_mixer.  [...]  I'd like to borrow the native MIDI code from
> SDL_mixer.  Would that be OK?

Thanks everyone for the answers.  I'll be grabbing the code from
SDL_mixer 2.0 then.

And yes, if I improve the code in any way that would be useful to
SDL_mixer, I'll send the improvements back this way.

The choice of the GPL is quite conscious, btw, since I'm not making any
kind of income whatsoever from programming.  With the GPL I can at least
keep the option open to offer a commercial license in the event that
someone would want to use the library in proprietary software and be
willing to pay something for it :-)